Pre-Licensure BSN Program
Become a Registered Nurse
The DSU Pre-Licensure BSN Program is a full-time program for students who want to become a registered nurse. Nursing school requires a substantial time commitment to fulfill the intensive requirements of the program in the classroom, nursing arts laboratory, and clinical settings.
Application for Spring 2020 admission will open June 1st, 2019.
Predictors of success in nursing school include strong performance in courses, especially anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology. In order to do a great job preparing for nursing school you must work hard to stay on top of it all. With the following seven habits, you will be successful.
- Manage your time - Balance classes, studying, work, and personal obligations. Break each day into blocks of time and determine what is the most important for each block.
- Study smart - Cramming for a test will not work. You must understand the material plus how to apply it in different situations. To study smart try to: Avoid distractions, Review classwork before you got to class, Practice by doing some practice test questions, Give yourself enough time
- Ask for help - It is not a sign of weakness or failure, so do it!
- Focus - Organize your study space, turn off the phone, TV and music when you study.
- Make realistic goals - It is best to set aside time everyday for reading and studying
- Be proactive - Plan ahead and stay on top of assignments
- Reward yourself - Preparing for nursing school is not easy and you will probably get tired of studying. So, set a reachable goal and reward yourself when you reach it.