The goal of the Dixie State University Surgical Technology program is to prepare competent entry-level surgical technologists in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains.
AAS Surgical Technology PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the successful conclusion of this program, students will be able to:
- Employ surgical technology roles and duties with appropriate competency and safety at entry-level for employment.
- Apply fundamental theoretical knowledge appropriate for the practice of surgical technology.
- Evaluate emerging surgical knowledge to support innovations in surgical practice.
- Differentiate appropriate professional behaviors necessary to obtain employment.
- Demonstrate competence and safe practice under pressure in demanding surgical situations.
- Adapt to unexpected circumstances in surgery to ensure safe patient care.
The Dixie State University Surgical Technology Program is fully accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) upon recommendation by the Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (ARCSTSA).
25400 U.S. Highway 19 North, Suite 158
Clearwater, FL 33763
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for general questions about CAAHEP.
6 West Dry Creek Circle, Suite 210
Littleton, CO 80120