Applicants are selected to the Medical Radiography Program according to the following point system: (Subject to Change)
1. Prerequisite Course Grades – 66 possible points
Students are awarded between 0 and 4 points, based on the grade earned (see below). BIOL 2320, BIOL 2325 and RADT 1010 courses are multiplied by 2. The remaining 7 prerequisite courses (BIOL 2420, BIOL 2425, ENGL 1010, ENGL 2010, MATH 1050, PSY 1010, COMM 2110 or COMM 1020) are multiplied by 1.5.
Applicants who are currently enrolled in prerequisite courses during the spring semester will not be considered for the February 1 application deadline. Official transcripts listing final grades in all 10 prerequisite courses must be handed in with the application.
Please note that all prerequisites must be completed with a ‘C’ or better by the end of the fall semester prior to entering the program. A cumulative GPA of 2.7 (B-) or higher for all Medical Radiography prerequisite courses is required.
Grade Points Awarded:
C- or Lower 0
2. Overall GPA – 5 possible points
3. Healthcare Work Experience OR Volunteer Experience (must be direct patient care contact, i.e. Medical Assistant, CNA, Phlebotomist, EMT)- 5 points
1 Point: > 520 hours (equivalent 3 months full time, 6 months part time)
2 Points: > 1040 hours (equivalent 6 months full time, 1 year part time: 20 hrs/wk)
3 Points: > 1560 hours (equivalent 9 months full-time, 1.5 years part-time)
4 Points: > 2080 hours (equivalent 1 year full-time, 2 years part-time)
5 Points: > 2081 hours
10-29 hours – 1 point
30-49 hours – 2 points
50-69 hours – 3 points
70+ hours — 4 points
SUB TOTAL = 75 Points
Out of the above score, the top 20-25 scorers will be brought in for an interview with the Selection Committee.
4. Interview with Selection Committee – 25 points
TOTAL = 100 points
Possible Bonus Points
- Up to five alternates will be selected each year; two points will be awarded for prior selection as an alternate.
- Two points awarded to residents* of rural areas as follows:
- Southwestern Utah areas to include: Beaver County; Iron County; Garfield County; Kane County; Millard County; Paiute County; Sevier County
- Southeastern Nevada areas to include: Lincoln County; City of Mesquite
- *Proof of residency required
- An additional 0.5 point will be awarded to re-applicants who have improved one or more grades from previous application that is either a program prerequisite or graduation requirement.