The Medical Radiography Program is committed to providing an excellent and comprehensive educational experience that prepares the student to enter the field of radiography with the knowledge, skills and values to be a successful member of the healthcare team.
- Students will develop competence in clinical performance.
- Students will produce quality diagnostic images for routine radiographic exams.
- Students will practice radiation protection.
- Students will acquire critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Students will be able to modify standard procedures.
- Students will critique radiographic images.
- Students will determine the importance of professional and ethical conduct.
- Students will practice patient confidentiality.
- Students will perform procedures with compassion to all.
- Students will develop effective communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate effective oral communication.
- Students will demonstrate written communication skills.
- The program will provide the community with a skilled entry-level radiologic technology graduate.
It is the program’s philosophy that to develop professional, competent and compassionate medical radiographers requires a quality education founded on a well-rounded curriculum which includes technical skills, critical thinking, and ethical and responsible behavior.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the successful conclusion of this program, students will be able to:
- Develop competence in clinical performance.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Practice professional and ethical conduct.
- Develop effective communication skills.