Dixie State University’s Physical Therapist Assistant Program exists to prepare students to become physical therapy care providers exhibiting integrity, skill, and caring. The program emphasizes excellence in human interaction, technical skills, critical reasoning, and life-long learning.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
Dixie State University Physical Therapist Assistant Program students and graduates will:
- Demonstrate entry level foundational skills. DSU PTA graduates will be able to utilize cognitive, affective and psychomotor interventions under the direction and supervision of a physical therapist.
- Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct. DSU PTA graduates will be able to uphold principals of ethical conduct for the PTA in all areas of practice as identified by the APTA.
- Promote evidence-based physical therapy practice. DSU PTA graduates will prioritize professional growth within the field and encourage life-long learning experience.
- Critical thinking and problem solving. DSU PTA graduates will be able to demonstrate skills required of an entry-level PTA to assist the supervising physical therapist in carrying out the plan of care (POC) and work as an effective member of the PT/PTA team.
- Utilize effective oral and written communication. DSU PTA graduates will be able to demonstrate skills with patients, their families, caregivers, other health care providers and the community.