Participants must have excellent interpersonal skills and a strong interest in the healthcare field. Students are required to practice Venipuncture procedures on each other as part of the laboratory experience. Lab fee is required (paid with tuition) and Program Admission fee required once admitted.
Students interested in taking the phlebotomy course should contact the Phlebotomy Program Advisor for information.
Applicants are required to meet certain health and safety standards required by the clinical facilities. Documentation of the following information must be available for online upload once accepted into the program.
- CPR Certification: Must include AED
- Dixie State University classes available Contact EMS Secretary to register (435) 879-4951
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
- Hepatitis B Series & Reactive Titer (3 immunizations and blood draw)
- Chicken Pox / Varicella
- 2-Step Tuberculosis Test
- Influenza Vaccine
- Accepted applicants must submit to a background check and drug screen.
For questions on requirements, contact your advisor.