New RN-BSN students are admitted each semester. Students are admitted into all Dixie State University programs without discrimination in regards to race, color, ethnic background, national origin, religion, creed, age, lack of American citizenship, disability, status of veteran, or gender.
- Must be admitted to Dixie State University
- Graduation from an accredited Registered Nurse Associate Degree Program
- AS or AAS
- Nursing program must be fully accredited at the time of graduation
- Completion of all general education courses
- For degree questions, view the RN-BSN Degree Requirements in the current catalog or contact a nursing advisor.
- AA, AS, BA, BS degree, or a certificate of completion from one of the Utah System of Higher Education (USHE) institutions
- AA, AS, BA, BS degree from a regionally accredited NON-USHE institution. Utah Board of Regents requires the following if not included with the degree: ENGL 1010, 2010, American Institutions, and GE math.
- Show completion of all DSU general education requirements.
- NOTE: If your prior college courses or degrees are from a non-regionally accredited institution, you must meet the general education requirements for DSU. See advisor for more information.
- Nursing course GPA must be a 3.0 or higher
- Applicants are recommended to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- All nursing and support courses must be a “C” grade or higher.
Current RN Licensure
- Once accepted into the RN-BSN Program, students must provide a copy of current RN license from any state
- New RN graduates may register for first semester classes but must obtain licensure before registering for classes the second semester