The RN-BSN Program Courses are completely online. The program is designed to be flexible for each student, and may be completed in as little as 12 months. However, the program may be completed on a part-time basis. It is highly recommended that students complete a course in pathophysiology, statistics, and all general education courses prior to starting the RN-BSN Program.
There is a $50 RN-BSN application fee to be paid online. Click Here to pay.
Applicants will be evaluated on the following:
- REQUIRED: Graduation from an accredited Registered Nurse Associate Degree Program (AAS or AS) (Nursing program must be fully accredited by ACEN at the time of graduation.)
- Academic Excellence
- Current RN licensure
Completion of all general education courses is part of the RN-BSN degree requirements. They may be met by any of the following ways:
- AA, AS, BA, BS degree, or a certificate of completion from one of the Utah System of Higher Education (USHE) institutions
- AA, AS, BA, or BS degree from a regionally accredited NON-USHE institution. (Utah Board of Regents requires the following if not included with the degree: ENGL 1010, 2010, American Institutions, and GE math)
- Show completion of all DSU general education requirements.
NOTE: If your prior college courses or degrees are from a non-regionally accredited institution, you will need to make sure you meet the general education requirements for DSU. See advisor for more information.
- Applicant may be evaluated on overall GPA, nursing course GPA, and support course GPA.
- Nursing course GPA must be a 3.0 or higher
- Cumulative GPA must be a 3.0 or higher
- All nursing and support courses must be a “C” grade or higher
Current RN Licensure
- Applicants must provide a copy of current RN license.
- New graduates may register for first semester classes but must obtain licensure before registering for classes the second semester.
Applications must be submitted electronically. See application packet for instructions.
For degree questions, download the RN-BSN Degree Worksheet in the current catalog or contact a nursing advisor.
OPEN APPLICATION PERIOD. There is no deadline for RN-BSN Program application submission. However, priority consideration deadlines are established as follows:
- Spring Admission
- Priority Consideration Deadline is November 10th
- Summer Admission
- Priority Consideration Deadline is March 10th
- Fall Admission
- Priority Consideration Deadline is July 10th
- Late applications will be considered on a “Space Available” basis
Applicants will be admitted into the RN-BSN program without discrimination as to age, sex, creed, ethnic origin, religion, or marital status and must be able to demonstrate physical abilities sufficient to pass each nursing course.
Application for Dixie State University (Not currently enrolled at DSU)
Complete and submit an application for admission to the admissions office. Students are required to submit previous college or university transcripts, high school transcripts, or GED test scores.