Student Learning Outcomes
Student learning outcomes are statements that specify what faculty want students to learn or be able to do as a result of successfully completing the Phlebotomy Course. Student learning outcomes are clear, concise statements that describe how students can demonstrate their mastery of program skills.
Upon completion of the Phlebotomy Course, students will be able to:
- Function effectively as entry-level phlebotomists.
- Apply proper patient identification procedures.
- Obtain blood from a vein or capillary using various methods in patients across the lifespan.
- Properly handle and label specimens.
- Follow safety and infection control procedures for protection of patients, self, and others.
- Provide considered and respectful care of patients by complying with patient rights.
- Utilize effective communication techniques with patients and members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- Follow HIPAA guidelines for the protection of patient confidentiality.