Medical Laboratory Science
Our vision is that the Dixie State University Medical Laboratory Science Program be a model of excellence in medical laboratory science education, graduating MLS who meet the workforce demands of today and tomorrow.
The mission of the Dixie State University Medical Laboratory Science Program is to graduate professionally accomplished MLS scholars, committed to life-long learning and prepared to meet current and future workforce needs in medical laboratory science.
The goals of the DSU Medical Laboratory Science Program are to:
- Provide a curriculum that meets current and emergent pedagogical and professional development needs of students,
- Establish and sustain partnerships with local and regional community medical laboratories that provide exceptional learning experiences for our MLS students,
- Innovate learning experiences and provide opportunities that maximize every program student’s potential to achieve MLS career entry-level competencies,
- Graduate knowledgeable and skilled MLS that meet the workforce needs of our local community, Utah, and the underserved regions of the country, and
- Help advance MLS pedagogy and growth of the MLS profession.
National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences
5600 North River Road, Suite 720
Rosemont, Illinois 60018