BS Mission and Goals
The Mission of the MLS program is to: Provide the community with certified medical laboratory scientists who can function as professional members of the clinical laboratory team and leaders in healthcare initiatives.
- Provide students with a broad educational background by using a variety of resources and experiences.
- Provide a strong baccalaureate curriculum which integrates fundamental courses in medical laboratory sciences, natural sciences, humanities, and social sciences.
- Provide clinical experience to develop the technical skills required to perform laboratory procedures with continuous precision, accuracy, and competency.
- Produce graduates who pass a national registry examination and procure employment in the clinical laboratory or related field.
- Develop professional attitudes and ethics in students which are required in the clinical laboratory or related field.