AAS Mission and Goals
The Mission of the AAS Program in MLS is to provide the community with certified medical laboratory technicians who can function as professional members of the clinical laboratory team and provide the opportunity for graduates to obtain baccalaureate degrees that build on their AAS degree.
- Provide students with a broad educational background by using a variety of resources and experiences.
- Provide a strong AAS curriculum which integrates fundamental courses in medical laboratory sciences, natural sciences, humanities, and social sciences.
- Provides a clinical experience that facilitates development of technical skills required to perform laboratory procedures with continuous precision, accuracy, and competency.
- Produce graduates who can achieve passing scores on the national registry examination and procure employment in the clinical laboratory or related field.
- Develop professional attitudes and ethics in students which are required in the clinical laboratory or related field.