Dental Hygiene Program
Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene
We are pleased to offer a Bachelor of Science degree upon completion of our two-year dental hygiene program, provided students have previously completed the program prerequisites and general education requirements.
The vision of the Dental Hygiene program is to provide a progressive atmosphere that meets the needs of culturally diverse population through excellence in clinical care, disease prevention and health promotion. Our comprehensive education atmosphere fosters effective, positive teamwork and emphasized open lines of communication. Our vision is to have a student selection process which is competitive, fair, and ethical, allowing for a diverse population to be selected, with each contributing positively to the dental team in order to further the advancement of dental health. The Dixie State University Dental Hygiene Program values teamwork, communication and mutual respect and promotion of life-long learning opportunities for our students, patients, faculty, and community dental health professionals.
About the Program
Students are instructed in the theoretical knowledge and clinical skills essential for dental hygiene practices. This includes anesthesia procedures and limited expanded functions. Upon successful completion of the program, graduates must pass the national written exam, and regional and state clinical board examinations to apply to become a registered dental hygienist (RDH).
- The Dental Hygiene Program is a full-time, 2 year program (fall, spring, summer online, fall, and spring semesters)
- 20 students are accepted every academic year
- Students practice clinical skills in our Public Dental Hygiene Clinic
- In addition to the regular student tuition and fees for DSU, a differential tuition fee helps cover the costs of running the Dental Hygiene Program. These fees are subject to change every year. For more information email DentalHygiene@dixie.edu.
- The DSUDH program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation