Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene
We are pleased to offer a Bachelor of Science degree upon completion of our two-year dental hygiene program, provided students have previously completed the program prerequisites and general education requirements.
Students are instructed in the theoretical knowledge and clinical skills essential for dental hygiene practices. This includes anesthesia procedures and limited expanded functions. Upon successful completion of the program, graduates must pass the national written exam, and regional and state clinical board examinations to apply to become a registered dental hygienist (RDH).
- The Dental Hygiene Program is a full-time, 2 year program (fall, spring, summer online, fall, and spring semesters)
- 24 students are accepted every academic year and begin coursework during the fall semester
- Students practice clinical skills in our Public Dental Hygiene Clinic
- In addition to the regular student tuition, a differential tuition helps cover the costs of running the Dental Hygiene Program. This differential tuition is subject to change every year. For more information on anticipated program costs, email DentalHygiene@dixie.edu.
- The DSUDH program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation