Students who register for classes should be familiar with the admission requirements as outlined below.
Nurse Assistant classes are taught each semester with a variety of days and hours to fit most everyone’s schedule. Classes are taught off campus at the Taylor Health Science Center or the Hurricane Education Center. Most classes run the full semester, but some classes are on the block schedule. Other classes may be available at different locations depending on the specific semester. Check the current class schedule for information.
- Nurse Assistant Course: 4 credit hours
- NURS 1005 Nurse Assistant: 76 hours of lecture and labs per semester
- NURS 1007 Nurse Assistant Clinical: 24 hours of clinical per semester
- Prepares students in the knowledge, skills, and responsibilities required for certification as a nursing assistant by the state of Utah.
- The tuition and student fees for the 4 credit hour class are approximately $800.00.
- The admission fee is $50.00. (Immunization and requirement tracking)
- The laboratory fee is $30.00.
- The textbook and workbook cost approximately $100.00.
- Cost is less depending on new/used or rental option.
- Other costs vary and may include uniforms, health requirements, and liability insurance.
How To Register
- Complete the Dixie State University application process.
- If you are taking just the CNA course, you may apply as a non-degree seeking student.
- Register for both NURS 1005 and NURS 1007.
- You must register for both courses at the same time or you will receive an error message.
- Labs are included with the classroom time.
- Clinical rotations are scheduled after classroom study begins.
- Pay tuition at cashier’s office before the deadline.
- For questions, contact the CNA Program Advisor
- Textbook and Workbook
- Blood pressure cuff
- Top: Steel Gray
- Bottoms: Black
- May purchase through Performance Scrubs, if desired
- Medical, professional, or athletic footwear is required
- Must be closed-toe
Must submit documentation via online upload by the deadline listed in the syllabus (generally at/before midterm).
- MMR (series of two)
- Hepatitis B (2 required; completed series of 3 and reactive titer required for hospital rotation)
- TDaP (one after age 10)
- Chicken Pox/Varicella (series of two)
- Tuberculosis (two separate TST/PPD)
- Annual Flu Vaccination (August to May; Summer Semester exempt)
- Drug Screen & Background Check completed after start of semester
- BLS Certification (CPR with AED)
- Strongly Recommended (Required for Hospital Rotation)
- May be taken through the EMS Program
- To Schedule, call 435-879-4951