Student learning outcomes are statements that specify what faculty want students to learn or be able to do as a result of successfully completing the Physical Therapist Assistant Program. Student learning outcomes are clear, concise statements that describe how students can demonstrate their mastery of program skills. Dixie State University PTA Program students and graduates will…
To further accomplish the programs contemporary professional expectations for the preparation of physical therapist assistants 5 PLO’s have been established. Created 5 PLO’s for the program:
- Demonstrate entry level foundational skills. DSU PTA graduates will be able to utilize cognitive, affective and psychomotor interventions under the direction and supervision of a physical therapist.
- Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct. DSU PTA graduates will be able to uphold principles of ethical conduct for the PTA in all areas of practice as identified by the APTA.
- Promote evidence-based physical therapy practice. DSU PTA graduates will prioritize professional growth within the field and encourage lifelong learning experience.
- Critical Thinking and problem solving. DSU PTA graduates will be able to demonstrate skills required of an entry-level PTA to assist the supervising physical therapist in carrying out the POC and work as an effective member of the PT/PTA team.
- Utilize effective oral and written communication. DSU PTA graduates will be able to demonstrate skills with patients, their families, caregivers, other health care providers and the community.